Finalert partner-led Tax service teams provide smart, practical tax advice to help dynamic firms overcome complexity and flourish. Our Washington National Tax Office provides deep technical understanding and responsive help in local, state, federal, and international tax, in addition to tax professionals in our locations around the United States. Compliance, human capital services, federal tax services, international tax services, state and local tax services, private wealth services, tax reporting and advising, partnership taxation, not-for-profit tax, and mergers and acquisition tax services are just some of the tax services we provide.
The Mergers and Acquisitions Tax Services team at Finalert is a highly responsive and experienced group of tax professionals dedicated to assisting our dynamic clients in risk management and opportunity identification before, during, and after major life-cycle events such as significant acquisitions, dispositions, capital raises, restructurings, and distributions. We collaborate with our clients and colleagues, both domestically and internationally, because we recognise that our services are an important part of their M&A strategy. We are ideally positioned to anticipate and respond to complex transaction-related difficulties with agility and differentiated client service because to our wide tax services and advisory offerings, including transaction advisory services, valuation services, and our international network.
The Senior Associate in M&A Tax Services is in charge of providing a broad spectrum of transaction tax services to a variety of clients in a number of industries. Working closely with the firm’s clients to provide innovative tax planning and consulting services in a highly responsive transactional environment that will drive value throughout a client’s investment decision; developing and managing staff that works closely with and collaborates among the firm’s senior transaction professionals; and working closely with partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist engagement team to plan, execute, direct and complete tax projects in a wide variety of industries; provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise to clients, and manage to budget.
- Manage, develop, train, and mentor staff on tax projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews.
- Maintain active communication during engagement to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, make sure deadlines are met, and lead change efforts effectively and efficiently.
- Work closely with our Transaction Services colleagues, focusing on the tax aspects of mergers and acquisitions and other transactions-related work.
- Assist in conducting buy-side and sell-side tax due diligence, advising on tax efficient acquisitions and divestments, advising clients on tax efficient restructurings, reviewing taxes in financial models and reviewing transaction documents.
- Be involved in researching tax issues, preparing written communication in a succinct and deal-driven manner, helping clients with responses to tax authorities, and assisting clients in strategizing on the tax aspects of the transactions.
- Assist Senior Managers/Managers on project development, client pursuit initiatives and the management of priority accounts.
- Perform analysis of a client’s tax attributes surrounding certain business events including, tax basis of assets and stock, tax accounting for M&A driven transaction costs and corporate earnings and profits.
- Perform detailed analyses of net operating loss/tax credit carry forward limitations pursuant to IRC Section 382 for both private and public clients.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and licensed CPA or JD. Masters in Taxation/LLM in Taxation preferred.
- 3-5 years of progressive federal tax consulting and/or compliance experience in public accounting or a combination of corporate and public accounting experience.
- Alternatively, 2-3 years of qualified Mergers and Acquisitions tax services.
- Experience in Corporate, S-Corp. and/or Partnership returns.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Exposure to ERP software such as Oracle e-Business Suite (EBS)
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent analytical, technical, and tax accounting/technology skills with proficiency in US GAAP, tax compliance, corporate consolidated returns, consolidated federal tax returns, partnership returns, and combined state tax returns.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Strong leadership, business development, recruiting, training, coaching, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Computer expertise including knowledge of tax software, technology, including spreadsheet modeling.