The core purpose of Finalert is to assist people in thriving every day. Our Core Values represent how we conduct ourselves, our work, and our relationships. As a firm employee, you will uphold our Core Values of putting people first, being great in everything you do every day, accepting change, feeling empowered by knowledge, and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the guidelines by which we conduct ourselves both internally and externally on a daily basis.
Finalert clients benefit from three levels of Grants support from the Business Services and Outsourcing ,Senior Consultant: transactional, managerial, and strategic. Establishing and implementing rules and procedures for managing all aspects of government and private contracts across Finalert clients, including start-ups, renewals, amendments, modifications, and closeouts, are among the responsibilities. In addition, he will assist in the development of the Grants Management team in the areas of people, processes, and systems. The Senior Consultant will also aid in the identification of roles and responsibilities at each level of support, the development and implementation of team policies and procedures, and the identification of relevant technologies to automate and streamline activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a grant reporting calendar (programmatic and financial)
- Maintain contractual records for all grant-funded projects, including grant
- correspondence, subcontract information sheets, status reports, and other documentation.
- Prepare reimbursement spending vouchers on a monthly and/or quarterly basis.
- Keep track of ongoing compliance with funder regulations and alert clients to any instances of non-compliance.
- Assist with the upkeep of salary allocations for grant-funded employment, as well as the examination of cost centre charges for non-personnel expenses.
- As part of the monthly grants close process, do account analysis and propose Journal Entries for allocated contracts.
- Work with programme employees ahead of time to understand changes in the program’s operations and implement all budget changes based on that discussion.
- Assist with all areas of government contract audits, including preparing needed documentation and supporting schedules prior to the audit.
- Ensure that contracts are closed out on schedule, including year-end revisions.
- Act as a client representative during the auditing process
- Provide technical and soft skills instruction to project team members.
- Assist in the pricing of engagements, as well as planning and case management operations.
- Completes projects on time and on budget.
- Other responsibilities as needed
Supervises the day-to-day workload of BSO Senior Associates and Associates on assigned engagements and assesses work product
- Ensures BSO Senior Associates and Associates are trained on all relevant software.
- Provides periodic performance feedback and completes performance evaluations for BSO Senior Associates and Associates in accordance with Firm guidance.
- Evaluates the performance of BSO Senior Associates and Associates and assists in the development of goals and objectives to enhance professional development.
- As needed, acts as a mentor to BSO Senior Associates and Associates.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance, required
- 5+ years of grants management experience with Federal/State/City sponsored projects, required
- Strong knowledge of federal, state and local government grant administration regulations including the CFR and Uniform Guidance, preferred
- Working knowledge of NYC contracts administered by the Department of Homeless Services; Human Resources Administration; Department of Health & Mental Hygiene; the Department for the Aging; the Department of Youth & Community Development; the Department of Education; and the Department of Housing Urban Development, strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of NYC & NYS grants administration portals, including HHS Accelerator, PASSPort, and Grants Gateway, preferred
- Previous consulting and people management experience, preferred
- CPA or MBA, Preferred
- Strong knowledge of Fund Accounting Software products (Financial Edge, Fund EZ, Intacct), QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel and Office, required
- Experience with non-profit accounting systems, Intacct (Sage), preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Work independently and be self-reliant while still working effectively in a team environment
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to analyze data and communicate the results in a concise manner.
- Effectively handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Track record of being collaborative, proactive, independent and flexible.
- Ability to adapt easily to changing client demands.
- Excellent communication skills, customer service orientation, and strong relationship-building skills.
- Ability to travel as needed