Experienced Tax Associate
The core purpose of Finalert is to assist people in thriving every day. Our Core Values represent how we conduct ourselves, our work, and our relationships. As a firm employee, you will uphold our Core Values of putting people first, being great in everything you do every day, accepting change, feeling empowered by knowledge, and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the guidelines by which we conduct ourselves both internally and externally on a daily basis.
A Core Tax Services Experienced Associate is responsible for aiding with the preparation of tax returns and research by utilising his or her educational background, as well as communication and organisational abilities. The Core Tax Services Experienced Associate will be responsible for completing simple tax returns for review using basic research abilities and tax software applications.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Statistics required OR Bachelor’s degree in other focus area and CPA certification required.
- Masters in Accountancy or Taxation preferred
- One (1) or more years of prior relevant tax experience and/or public accounting, private industry accounting or consulting/professional services experience preferred
- CPA certification, Attorney (admitted to practice in a U.S. jurisdiction), or Internal Revenue Service Enrolled Agent (“EA”) (or the equivalent of one of these designations) preferred.
- Possession of other professional degrees or certifications applicable to role preferred
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
- Experience with tax research databases and tax compliance process software preferred.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Able to follow instructions as directed by members of Tax Team.
- Able to prepare simple tax returns.
- Takes appropriate actions without being asked.
- Seeks advice of appropriate superiors regarding issues, problems related to compliance.