Finalert’s core purpose is to assist people in thriving on a daily basis. Our Core Values represent how we conduct ourselves, our work, and our relationships. As a firm employee, you will uphold our Core Values of putting people first, being great in everything you do every day, accepting change, feeling empowered by knowledge, and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the guidelines by which we conduct ourselves both internally and externally on a daily basis.
The Tax Credits & Incentives Senior Associate at Specialized Tax Services (STS) is responsible for leading or supporting our services to discover, compute, document, and support R&D tax credits and other tax incentives for inspection by tax authorities. STS Tax Credits & Incentives Senior Associates work with senior STS professionals to prepare project workplans and budgets, interview client personnel to obtain data and documentation relevant to calculating and documenting available tax credits and incentives, prepare project workplans and budgets, and prepare project workplans and budgets, among other things.
- Bachelor’s degree, required
- Two (2) or more years prior experience in accounting, tax or finance (including internships), preferred.
- Prior experience in R&D and/or other tax consulting roles (e.g. accounting methods, 263A, FDII), preferred.
- Experience in preparing/reviewing tax provisions, corporate taxation, consolidations and partnerships, preferred
- Currently holds or working towards Certified Public Accountant license, Enrolled Agent certification, or Juris Doctorate degree, preferred
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Excel & Word, preferred
- Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and leadership mentality.
- Ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of Finalert.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment with a focus on superior customer service.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills, with ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong initiative, drive to lead, and desire and ability to enhance and grow the STS practice.
- Building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement